Dr. Taubman Podcasts
Dr. Ed Taubman is a local expert on the hereditary aspects of cancer. He is a graduate of the City of Hope Program in Cancer Genetics and a member of the Fischer Center for Familial Cancer Research at Lombardi Cancer Center and sees patients in consultation that may be at high risk for hereditary cancers.
The following are links to the Olney Medical Associates’ podcast webpage.
The podcasts are audio tracks and can be downloaded so that you can load them onto your cell phone or other MP3 device.
Podcast Episode 1: BRCA Testing and Counseling
Posted on January 5, 2013
This podcast is for patients and families who would like to understand more about the known hereditary causes of breast and ovarian cancer and the role of genetic counseling. Topics include:
- The role of genetics in causing cancer
- The hereditary breast and ovarian cancer connection
- The Role of cancer genetic counseling and testing
- What does a negative BRCA test result really mean
Podcast Episode 2: Hereditary Colon Cancer
Posted on January 24, 2013
Are you at high risk for colon cancer? This podcast is for patients and families who would like to understand more about the known hereditary causes of colon cancer and the role of genetic counseling and testing. Topics include:
- The role of genetics in causing colon cancer
- The hereditary colon and uterine cancer connection
- What is Lynch Syndrome and how do we screen for it
Podcast Episode 3: Medical Power of Attorney – What You Need to Know
Posted on February 18, 2013
Confused as to what a Medical Power of Attorney otherwise known as an “Advance Directive” is and why you should have one? Well you have come to the right place. OlneyMyWellness.com affiliate Attorney Lynn Boynton explains it all. Topics include:
- What is the difference between a Medical Power of Attorney and a Will?
- How a Medical Power of Attorney protects & aids communication with your healthcare providers.
- What are the other Powers of Attorney that you should know about?
- Other tips on protecting yourself should you be incapacitated from an accident
You can reach Lynn Boynton at 301-872-1696.
Podcast Episode 4: – Ovarian Cancer – Interview with Dr. William McGuire
Posted on March 4, 2013
Ovarian cancer expert William P. McGuire III, Medical Director of Inova Health’s Gynecological Cancer Outreach Program, discusses his experience treating ovarian cancer over the past 4 decades. Topics include:
- The role for Taxol in the treatment of ovarian cancer
- New developments in the management of ovarian cancer
- Our understanding of the causes of ovarian cancer
- What’s on the horizon?
- The role of nutrition in treating ovarian cancer
Dr. Taubman’s Podcast 5 – Food and Cancer – Interview with Rick Weissinger, M.S., R.D.
Posted on September 21, 2013
Nutritional expert Rick Weissinger, RD, MS, author of “What the Experts Say about Food and Cancer” and “The Psychology of Weight Loss” talks about the role our diets play in influencing our risk of cancer and present evidence suggesting that modifying our diets may modify our risk.
- To make an appointment with Rick for a nutritional evaluation and advice or to join Rick’s ten week weight loss program call 301-774-5400.
- Rick can be reached at email@example.com